Monday, June 25, 2012

I’m in MIAMI bitch


So, I was just browsing through the Internet, something I often do these days in the light of my unemployment… I came across H&M, was just checking their website to look for cheap summer wardrobe essentials and well….new clothes to buy for under 20-30$ that I could frankly afford without feeling guilty. Suddenly I came across the dressing room- it’s an online’ try the outfit to see how it looks on a person’ kind of app, which has a pretty model with many of their current and staple styles, now obviously I had to try it. In the middle of it I realized, how much the current Spring Summer trends resemble the look of one of my favorite actress in a movie. Yup, the present season could well be described as the wardrobe of ‘Jennifer Lopez’ in ‘Monster in Law’.

Remember that movie guys? In which Jane Fonda makes it her personal mission to see that her rich handsome son does not marry the middle class dog walker Jlo. This movie was one of my all time favorite and a big style inspiration for many of my outfits through the years. Jlo’s character was a lively soul with an earthiness to her dressing. She would wear wrap dresses over jeans (LAYERING), A-line skirts with crochet or cut out borders (BOTH BIG TRENDS FOR SS2012), have flowers and all sorts of gypsy hair accessories (FLORAL HEADBANDS), wear big and colorful floral prints (NEED I SAY ANYTHING HERE?), and have this carefree and positive attitude towards life.

Well, check out a few pictures I downloaded off the Internet on the Jlo look from that movie and then look out for my creations on the ‘dressing room’ at the H&M site. It was a lot of fun and I blew off some real steam, letting my wild, gypsy creativity flow thereJ. Almost all the looks are within CAD100, if you add a lot of accessories then they shoot up but still within CAD150. I guess it was a real mood setter, for next time I walk into H&M I know exactly what I will be looking for. The main attractions for me were the floral trousers, color blocking, the harem pants and ….well! Let me take you through the looks one at a time…

The Jlo reminisces...





Now, look what I did at the Online dressing room, my latest most favored time pass ;-)
First, a few picks from the latest collections...






These awesome floral trousers are for CAD39.95 only, something totally within my reach. I can literally see myself wearing these at thousand different occasions in zillion different styles, they scream Marc Jacobs and Christopher Kane to me!!luv luv

DRESS CAD39.95
This is like that little piece of sunshine every girl should own this summer, it's the perfect yellow in pastel hue, something we have seen so much across the runways (remember Derek Lam/ DVF?). It will flatter any body shape and will elongate and slim you down while enhancing the curves (V-neckline, flare, belt)

 Okay this is the cutest little number you could find anywhere for CAD34.95
 THIS FLORAL summer love for CAD39.95 reminds me of the fabulous works of Kundalini Arts, of Christopher Kane and of Prabal Gurung. So much love ...so much summer..such a beauty!


And now, my little doodles online, also I should tell, while putting those looks together, I imagined a young blogger, in her late 20's off for a vacation at Miami. She is carefree, casual and comfortable at all times, loves fashion, vintage inspirations and is totally inspired by the character Jlo plays in Monster in Law...

She is big on layering, hence a dress with a jacket and a shirt underneath, a floral trouser/ legging along- think evening chills at the beach and a blogging event to cover, lots of running around and the layers keep peeling off like an onion through the night, giving her a new look every time.

Or, find her strolling the streets in a comfy dress with a pastel trouser, a scarf,a handy sling bag and eye popping bright footwear. Meet her for coffee in a color blocked look, green skirt with pink shoes and shades of the sea.

She is meeting someone for a night around town in a simple knit dress- striped (do I hear Marc Jacobs? nah...that's still H&M). Suddenly she is interviewing a famous music icon by the beach (where else?) in her shorty shorts (denim), her silver shimmering jacket that glistens with the sun and the sea and her super chic flat sandals.

Casual and ready for the evening in harem pants and bright cardigan or a day by the surfer's bay in a printed flowing maxi dress. A sun dress with a scarf and some flowers in her hair or  a little polka number with a bright green skirt flashing underneath like an over sized petticoat, it's all a game and life's a fun ride for her.

A little crochet number with flowing harem pants, a plaid or Scottish checks trouser with braces or a fun romper to just jump around the sand...

















What do you think of my latest H&M fascination? Do you also feel like a whole summer wardrobe can come of it within a $1000 budget without compromising on the fashion or style, or are you a brand name girl who would wear nothing short of a real Marc or Kane outfit. Let me know how you feel about the little Miami vacation I created for my fake online model... love it or hate it?

Pictures: Jlo from the internet- google
                rest from H&M online store

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...