Thursday, November 3, 2011

what am I loving this season..

It’s time to hit the beach, here, in South Africa and as always my eyes keep wandering off to florals, animal prints and sheers. The best part about summers being that nothing can ever be too much or too little, too soft or too loud… Its summers!! By the beach!!! Come-on!


In my preparation, I have been looking far and wide…into trends, brands and silhouettes. One very important trend (or not) I will sport a lot this summer is going to be ‘jumpsuits and rompers’. Yes! Love them (only to the point when I have to go pee, and then the whole getting naked in the public toilet can get tacky at times…. But what the heck…) so basically, my wardrobe for the beach vacation is going to be some fab lingerie, cute cover-ups and sexy night out outfits!

Now, I can probably live off the rompers, check out my picks for the same. From lounging-to casual day time look-to the ultimate evening wear! I have it all covered in jumpsuits (am I going too far? I did get into shape for summers, I think it’s time to flaunt.. what say?) Anywho, there are also a few pieces for the beach and some sexy laces, all from Nordstrom, check it out…

 
Florals juxtaposed with the leopard print, short lace-trimmed robe and chemise. I love the look although I prefer cotton over synthetics and this is polyester/ nylon, I think I could make it work, considering the hotel room has air conditioning (*wink). By In Bloom by Jonquil

Price for the robe $58.00 and the chemise $78.00

Love these printed cover-ups for the beach. First up, sheer chiffon airy light tunic colored with a vividly hued tropical jungle print. Approx. length from shoulder: 36".

The fabric is cotton/silk blend. It is by Nanette Lepore. Price $184.00
Second one (in shades of pink) is the kaftan style, kimono sleeves cover –up in bright paisley pattern. Fabric is nylon/ spandex. It is by Trina turk at $137.00
This lovely bright yellow cover-up is too cute to ignore, I will probably be sporting it as a casual day wear dress around town. Love the scalloped trim edges and the oversized ruffles. It has an elastic waist and is fully lined.
The fabric is rayon. It is by ViX Swimwear. Price $122.00

Totally in love with this black lace romper as an option for lingerie. It is an easy maintenance nylon/ spandex, machine washable piece and looks adorably cute. By In Bloom by Jonquil, priced at $40.00



Perfect vacation wear, as I said before (my love for rompers is too deep) check out these two soft printed rompers, perfect for lounging around the hotel and around. The first one is a cotton blend knit and priced at $18.90 (after a 50% discount) perfect as a sleepwear. The second one (white with blue florals) is rayon blend at $72.00


And now, behold! For the mother of all jumpsuits, this one is a fabulous Michael Kors piece, perfect for a night out, or even during the day (if you wanna go fancy) I love it to bits and even though it is at $300.00, I would buy it, just for the love of sequins and black. I love the harem look of the bottom. It is a rayon blend machine washable piece.  Love that it has front pockets and the belt is removable.
all photos via Nordstrom

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...