Monday, October 24, 2011

Spring Summer 2012: WIFW

A late post...
Some more of my fav designers from the India Fashion Week....it's been a while that I wanted to post these pics up but for some reason, this folder just kept sitting on my desktop...So, here it is...my favorite! designer Malini Ramani, Kavita Bhartiya and a name that has deeply impacted me since my college years and the show truly rocked..designer Rajesh Pratap Singh.
First up: Malini Ramani, my fav designer since. I guess, I was in school... yeah! her SS2012 collection was a fun filled show with a lot of Indian crafts and techniques seen in the garments. Block prints, mirror work, fringes, studs, sequins, lehariya and appliqué work embellished the garments. There was a happy summer spirit that ruled the stage.







'Dip dyed jumpsuits, walnut pleated necklace tunic, shaded red fuschia strapless dresses were just some of the highlights of the Kavita Bhartia Show. By the name of Kaleido 'scape', the collection used special tie and dye techniques, inspired by tribal Ikats, vibrant and modern tropical prints.' text via willslifestyle page on facebook.com





 
Rajesh Pratap Singh show focused on the importance/ the rich heritage of handloom and handmade in the country. The garments were a fabulous mix of hand embellished and handmade with wonderful handloom fabrics. The pieces that truly rocked were (many) specially, the red (handloom fabric) menswear blazer, the butterfly print, sequined in bold colors on jackets, the red draped dress and the silver leggings. It was a beautiful show focusing on the Indian heritage and all in all another successful experimentation by the designer. Loved it!









All photos via wills lifestyle on facebook.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are great designs - I like the grey dress with the horizontal and vertical red band, but the one that made me go oooo was the black and white maxi - That is stunning !
p :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...