Monday, October 10, 2011

Spring Summer 2012 trend ALERT! WIFW



Straight from the heart of colorful India comes the Wills India Fashion Week, celebrating SS2012. To begin with I start with a designer, I wasn't so familiar with until recently, Charu Parashar. Infact, I only got to know of her through the Wills official page on facebook, while going through the designers.


Charu Parashar has successfully captured the global liking for print and pattern in her electric mix of colors. But somehow to me it all just seemed a bit of a copycat act. Although, I quite like her collection, with the rainbow symbolizing the covenant between god and every living creature, it reminds me of Christopher Kane’s Resort 2012. Many pieces looked more taken from than inspired by Kane, and not always in a positive way.
That said, I loved the flow and the flirtatious feel of the collection. The flowy chiffons, georgettes, tulle and satin on a bright and playful palette and thigh high slits were silhouettes I would definitely want in my summer wardrobe.








photos via: wills lifestyle @ facebook.com


check out Christopher Kane's Resort 2012 look here: http://stylescribbles.blogspot.com/2011/07/resort-2012christopher-kane.html
THINK ABOUT IT:

Tell me, do you also think this is an example of taking advantage of the phrase 'INSPIRED BY' and misusing the vast global fashion knowledge/ inspiration available at our finger tips? Or is this acceptable by fashion industry's standards?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, great job tracing style inspirations. Thanks for enlightening us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...