Tuesday, November 23, 2010

ahh the RED soled SHOE!!


Christian Louboutin (born January 7, 1964) is a footwear designer who launched his line of highend womens shoes in France in 1991. Since 1992, his designs have incorporated the shiny, red-lacquered soles that have become his signature.
"in 1992, I incorporated the red sole into the design of my shoes. This happened by accident as I felt that the shoes lacked energy, so I applied red nail polish to sole of the shoe. This was such a success, that it became a permanent fixture."
Louboutin received inspiration for his lethal looking stilettoes from an incident that occured early in his life. he has visited a museum and noticed there was a sign stating women in high/ sharp stilettoes forbidden from entry, for the fear that they may cause damage to the museum property. This image stayed in his mind, and he later used it. " I wanted to defy that" Louboutin says, "I wanted to make something comfortable and powerful for women" And you so did..!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...